Two Week Trial
Open to all Hillsborough High School students, middle school students, as well as virtual and homeschool students who reside in Hillsborough County can participate in a free two-week trial of Crew practice August 10-24th, 2023!
If you want to come to practice and see what Crew is all about and actually practice with the team, without fully committing right away, you can.
Weekday Practice Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday immediately after school until 6:15 p.m.
Weekend Practice Days: Saturday mornings from 7:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. during race seasons.
Please complete the following:
- To take advantage of the Two Week Trial option, register on a laptop or desktop using the registration process, and STOP after completing the "Info" section of the registration process. Be sure to click the "Save & Continue" button at the bottom of the "Info" section. You will be added to the team and will recieve team communications. You will notice a asterisk(*) by your student-athletes name, and that simply lets us keep track of who is taking part of the free trial. It will be removed when registration is completed. The system will automatically save your place and you will be able to return and complete the process, after the free trial period, without re-entering your data again. Remember your TeamSnap login so you can pick up where you left off later. If you decide not join, we will simply delete your partial registration after confirming you don't plan to join.
- Please complete the City of Tampa Waiver, and add the dates 7/31/2023-6/30/2024. Please disregard the HH#.
- HHSRC Transportation Policy: this is required if you plan to ride in a carpool with an upperclassman student from school to the boathouse.
- HHSRC Transportation Policy: If you will take part in the carpool, this form needs to be completed and returned to HHSRC prior to riding in the carpool.
- HHSRC Watersport Waiver Release: This waiver allows you to participate in water practice.
- SafeSport Certification Certificate All new and returning student-athletes must complete a short SafeSport certification. Instructions for new student-athletes can be found here.
- Parents fill out the Florida High School Athletic Association EL2 form and have the appropriate sections filled out by your students primary care physician. Plan ahead on this form as a doctor's visit is required. It may be possible to get a physical at CVS, Publix, or Hillsborough County Back-2-School Health Clinics Days for physicals, routine Immunizations, Covid-19 vaccines for those who are 5-17 years of age, and shot record transfers. Find more information here.
- This only needs to be done once per year, preferably in the fall.
- All crew members are required to fill out this form.
- This form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the student-athlete's name in the subject line. It is due on the first day of practice or the first day of the two-week trial period.
- If you do not have a physical at the start of the two week trial period, 1) email the club and let us know when it is scheduled. 2)The latest date to submit and participate in practice is the last day of the two week trial period.
Then, just simply show up at the boathouse downtown after school, tell the coach you are there to see what Crew is all about and that you want to participate. No experience is necessary, however, there are a few forms that are required before you start.
Boys and Girls are welcome, but you must be a new incoming or current student at Hillsborough High School, middle school, virtual school or homeschooled in Hillsborough County. We need rowers and coxswains.
If you need a ride to the boathouse from school make sure you have emailed a completed Transportation Policy. The team will meet immediately after school at the flagpole in front of the school. They will meet there only the first 5 days of school. Juniors or seniors run carpools. Your parent will need to pick you up from the boathouse after practice at 6:15pm.
If you are interested in a carpool after the first five days of school, make sure you email the club to see if there is a seat for a rider available and where to meet.
What to Wear: Wear athletic workout clothes and running shoes, socks that can get wet, hat, sunscreen, and a water bottle. Water and ice are available at the boathouse.
GO BIG RED!
If you have any questions, please contact any board member by email at email@example.com. We welcome your input!
HHSRC is a non-profit 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Donations to the Club are tax-deductible under the IRS Code.