US Rowing SafeSport requirements for Hillsborough High School Rowing Club Rowers, Parents, and Volunteers
The USRowing SafeSport program addresses six areas of misconduct: sexual misconduct (including child sexual abuse and/or grooming behaviors), emotional misconduct, physical misconduct, bullying, hazing, and harassment.
To protect athletes and all members of the USRowing community, part-time and full-time coaches/trainers, members of the Board of Directors, and volunteers with direct access/interactions with athletes are required to undergo criminal background checks, receive education and training, and be familiar with the USRowing SafeSport reporting, investigation, and hearing process.
Hillsborough High School Rowing Club requires rowers under 18 to complete a free, online SafeSport course, found here: https://safesporttrained.org/ This course will take approximately 20 minutes. Rowers are to complete the SafeSport training by the first day of practice, August 10, 2022.
- When registering, select Enrollment Key on the landing page and enter the following key: NGBUSR-RFKt8f
- Please have your rower create an account (please list your organization/club as ‘Hillsborough High School Rowing Club’ at the bottom of registration).
- Rowers will include their MembershipID, which is your USRowing member number (you would have received this when completing the USRowing waiver).
- Once registered, you can access “Catalog” on the SafeSport Trained homepage, and you will see options for available courses. Your rower will need to complete “SafeSport for High School Athletes”.
- Rowers will select SafeSport for High School Athletes course to “Enroll” from the list of options. Your rower may then “Start” the course. The high school course focuses on bullying and hazing prevention, supporting friends who have experienced abuse or inappropriate conduct, and resources for reporting abuse or misconduct. This course will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Rowers who turn 18 during the racing seasons are required to complete a free 30-minute course, "Adult Athlete”.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a PDF certificate of completion. Please forward the certificate or screenshot of the certificate to email@example.com.
Coaches, Volunteers, and HHSRC Board Member Requirements:
All coaches, volunteers, and HHSRC Board Members complete a City of Tampa background check and are required to be Safe Sport certified. This is a 90-minute course. This Safe Sport course teaches about the nature of misconduct in sports and provides actionable information to better protect athletes.
Please complete the ‘SafeSport Trained NGB1’ course. Every year thereafter, a 30-minute refresher course should be completed.
The PDF certificate of completion must be sent to the club email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you complete the course, you will receive a PDF certificate of completion. Please forward the certificate or screenshot of the certificate to email@example.com.
Designed for the parents of athletes of all ages, this course explains the issues of misconduct in sports and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and safe experience.
Quick link for registration: https://safesporttrained.org/?KeyName=NGBUSR-RFKt8f