Southern Sprints Erg Regatta
This event is only for registered student-athletes Duncan, Lucian, Nidia, Quinn, Rei, and Xavier.
The event takes place at the Charles and Ruth Clemente Center on the Florida Institute of Technology campus, 3011 Panther Place, Melbourne, FL 32901.
• About a 2.5 hour drive from Tampa
• All athletes need to arrive by 8:30 am at the Clemente Center for check-ins and to weigh in if you are competing as a LTWT athlete.
• Anyone attending Southern Sprints does not have to attend Novice Regatta. They should take that day to rest and hydrate with no more than 20min of very light activity.
• Wear your uni.
• Because it is a Sunday event, athletes are allowed to leave after their race is over (of course they’re encouraged to stay and cheer on their teammates)
• Takes place in a large gymnasium so be ready to sit on gym bleachers. Otherwise there’s a Barnes and Nobles about 10min away that we’ve used in the past for quiet studying/homework.
• Parents are allowed to watch and cheer on their child during the race but the area directly behind the ergs is restricted to just coaches/coxswains (usually).
Coach Allie and I will split “coxing” the athletes through their races and we’ll go over race plans in advance with each one.
• Parents need to sign a waiver beforehand. Paper copies will also be available at registration:
11:15am: High School Women - Rei
11:45am: High School Men - Lucian
12:45pm: High School LTWT Women - Nydia
1:15pm: High School LTWT Men - Xavier, Duncan, Quinn
GO BIG RED!
If you have any questions, please contact any board member by email at email@example.com. We welcome your input!
HHSRC is a non-profit 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Donations to the Club are tax-deductible under the IRS Code.